Friday, September 26, 2008

Can't contain my excitement any longer!


For those of you who know we live in a little house in The Dalles, OR. I have a basement that has no windows and I have to duck, yes, duck every time I enter my bedroom. I have a rather large kitchen but have no room for a table(how is that possible?) I felt that I was forced into moving into this place, but our options were really non existent at the time.

Well, our 6mo is almost up and we have found a larger house with everything that we wanted. It's a 3 bed 2 bath old farmhouse.


The kitchen has been remodeled (and I can have a kitchen table again), the garage used to be an old carriage house. It fell down so a nice new large garage has been built in its place.

It has a large, large yard in which we will put in a garden and raspberries. It puts us back into the school boundaries of the school that the kids attend. And even though the ward members were worried that they would loose us to 1st ward, we remain in the 2nd ward. A major plus. This house has hard wood floors in all room except the bathrooms and the laundry room. Our land lady (and her family, as it's her parents that own the house) do not depend on our rent to pay the mortgage so we can move in at our convience, which is Oct 17th. They have also let us store stuff in the garage or in the house. So I have been over 5 times already with boxes. We truly have been blessed in this regard (we are definitely counting our blessing!). I also forgot to mention that this place has a wood stove and this is very exciting for Travis. He has spent the last week trying to find wood so that we will have fuel for the winter. We are all excited about moving and having more room. I have already said yes to a Mary Kay party and a Pampered Chef catalog party. I would love to have a Halloween party but I think that's pushing my luck. I want to have a candy party in December. We'll see how that goes. Hurray for us! (just tooting my little horn!)

4 comments:

Julie Wiley said...

Very cute! Congrats!

Gina said...

Yeah! I am sooooo happy for you AND our ward! Super cute house.

The Sorensons said...

TOTALLY FREAKIN AWESOME! it is so perfect!!!! Can't wait for all your fun parties and to see your cute garden...I guess next year as the seasons are cooler now. Let me know what I can do and way to TOOT your own horn...you deserve it!!
toot toot
Jenny

Heather Shepherd said...

That is a super cute house!!

I'm imagining your other kitchen having a high ceiling making it look big, but it's all just a big waste of space...um, that's just based on my kitchen...

Have I mentioned that I love being able to keep up with you via blog and not just our Christmas letters?