Monday, October 20, 2008

Hurray!!!
'Wal-Mart filed an application Friday with The Dalles planning office for a 149,000 square foot Wal-Mart Supercenter store in The Dalles.' This was on the front page of The Dalles Chronicle today Monday October 20th. For those of you who have heard my complaints about The Dalles, having this Walmart Superstore would be such a great benefit. Hopefully, it would drive local food prices down and give some compitition the the other stores here. I would love for a Target to come in. Then I would be happy. Portland is close enough that I could do clothing shopping whenever I was there. Having this Walmart would also help out economy here. The added jobs are a great thing also.

2 comments:

L. Taggart said...

HOORAY!!! Thanks for sending me your blog address! Nice to know your family "secrets" too. :) Love ya!
Lydia

The Sorensons said...

WOO HOO!